First project is begun. I'm making curtains to go around the bed. I've calculated that I will need six panels plus the "roof". The idea is to make a starry sky on the inside. The outside...still undecided.
As it develops I will try to keep you posted on the progress.
The first panel was kind of a trial run, I haven't painted with textile colors in a long while so I just dove right in. I had two dark blue sheets and bought silver paint. Since it was a kind of a spur of the moment thing I did it the kiddie way. I made a star shaped potato stamp! It gave me the basic shape and then I just went at it with a brush. I wanted to add something more than stars so after some searching I found this image from somewhere in Istambul (need to sort this reference out later)
I drew the comet on paper, traced the outline and filled it in.
The first panel was finished yesterday and this is how it looks:
A meteor shower, that would be cool and then I started thinking. Tracing would be tedious so I tried a method that I use when marking for smocking. I made a plactic template, put a couple of pieces of tape to secure them in place and dusted tailors chalk with a make-up brush and it worked!
Template taped in place
Dusted with tailor's chalk